11.7.12

Higgs-Boson is in the Details

WOW! What a response for this cartoon!

Gay Marriage Rights Australia put it up on their Facebook Page. It's gotten over 500 likes and over 100 shares. Pretty damn cool if I do say so myself.

I probably shouldn't have, but I read the comments on GMRA's post of my cartoon. There were a few boring homophobic ones that aren't worth mentioning. But, I was surprised by how many people were huffing about how the Higgs-Boson was originally called the "God-damned Particle" and that it has nothing to do with religion. (One guy even misspelled "particle" - geez, I would have loved to shove that in his face.)

I knew this when I came up with the idea for the cartoon. But actually, using the more widely known moniker of "God Particle" services the gag so much better.

Sigh, some people just can't take a joke.

1 comment:

Matt said...

A victory for both art and common sense! Well done, sir.