12.11.12

Demographics are a B!+<#.

Today's cartoon was a bit of a lesson in boundary pushing for me. The Mercury's demographic is a few decades older than what I had expected. Apparently, not too many younger kids go out and buy newspapers nowadays. So the line, "All your tuna are belong to me" just falls flailing on the ground like a dying fish when someone who doesn't know their internet memes reads it.

I also found out that a letter of complaint was published in the Mercury about my Forestry Peace Deal cartoon! What were they complaining about? They were offended that I used only an "F" and various punctuation symbols/dingbats to disguise an otherwise distasteful adjective and therefore wasn't oblique enough with the word I was referencing.

To that person, I would like to say, "F#@K YOU and the demographics you wrote in on."

2 comments:

Jac said...

Love it! But to be fair the AYB ref is more than 10 years old now...and given the interwebs at that point were populated by people using IRC or signing up for newfangled hotmail accounts they can be forgiven for having missed it. Now can has yr cheezeburgers on the other hand...

But as someone well within your demographic... I love it! For great justice!!

melaleuca said...

Is that your first complaint? You should get it framed. Hopefully many more down the road of a fine political cartoonist!! The trolls of yesteryear.

Well done and many happy returns!